maze sick

 maze sick 



One day I woke up and realized
I had lost my mind
so I went looking everywhere
I walked roads til I collapsed
searched tunnels underground
classrooms stories tall
asked friends and strangers just the same
and kept coming back from dead ends, 
despite advice otherwise

“the map only moves forward”
they told me 
and then they watched and waited
waiting for me to thank them
I never noticed what they hid behind their backs
inside their smiling jaws
the secrets behind their eyes
so with gratitude I swallowed every piece
these force-fed answers pacified my hunger
until one day 
I was fFull
my stomach sick with what's been poisoned
starved for what I came for 
they gave me a maze
when I asked for myself

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a baby essay about the pandemic and somehow The Walking Dead... idk.

The Girl That Stole My Tamagotchi

ayeeye