hunters

 

Hunters




I've rented a room littered with books 
locked myself in to write myself out.
Out among the living and I, the walking dead.
stinking of uncertainty; insecurities.
going blind to blend in.
looking everywhere except right in front of me;

the camouflaged hunters

rifles steadied at the hint of an unsteadied mind.

I sound my alarm and hope
and awaken a sleepwalker from dreams
where our worlds will meet.
Shots fired awaken a jumpy stranger
as blood soaked words spill and land on my lips.
“What can you tell me about time?”
but the answer too late 
still hangs in the air.
“It isn't here” 
the sleepwalker's gone before I return
and the hunters take aim
as the answer takes me 
back to this place
where I bleed again and again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a baby essay about the pandemic and somehow The Walking Dead... idk.

The Girl That Stole My Tamagotchi

ayeeye