pull to push


 Pull to Push



The ice cream truck's song struggles
and leads away the last of us
luring with sweet promises of an open window
stumbling into a new world
bordered by a gate's iron locking
refusing entry to all I've known
I turn to run to my past 
as I sink into this other side
my fight quickens the swallow
as I slip into the descend

the fall leave's me at a forest's doorstep
wondering if lost or found
careful not to pick sides
i'll eventually take those first few steps
pulled by power greater to my less
blankets of fog tucked in by a chill
it slithers down my spine;
fresh fear challenging my backbone
then the pulling turns to pushing; still more powerful than I
i'll step further, unsteadied 
no breadcrumbs to trail
no backtracks to take
the forest only moves forward;
at least that's what they tell me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a baby essay about the pandemic and somehow The Walking Dead... idk.

The Girl That Stole My Tamagotchi

ayeeye